What are vapes and vaporizers? Understanding the terminology of vaporizers can be a daunting task. I myself though it was pretty cut and dry before I actually attempted to understand them all my self a few years back. I originally thought that there was just one basic type of vaporizer and that there would be different brands that make them. This is far from reality and today we will help you to understand all the different types of vaporizers.
What are Vapes and Vaporizers
The two main types of vaporizers we will touch on and the ones that we review here at WorldofVapes are cannabis vaporizers and flavored e-liquid vapes. Cannabis vaporizers come in the form of desktop models and portable models, while flavored e-liquid vapes come in just portable models. After you get a better understanding of the terminology we have a guide that can help you in choosing the best vaporizer.
Cannabis vaporizers are designed to vape the active ingredients in the cannabis plant. Desktop vaporizers are ones that need an external power source to work. Desktop vaporizers are stationary and are made for home use. Some desktop vaporizers have attachments that allow for more then one person to use it at the same time (group session). Portable vaporizers include the heating component and an on board battery that allows you to vape while on the go. For additional vaporizer advice you can read you tips and tricks article here to get the most out of your sessions.
Terminology and Types of Portable Cannabis Vaporizers
Portable vaporizers is where the terminology gets a bit trickier. Under the umbrella of portable vaporizers there are multi material vaporizers, dry herb vaporizers, and concentrate / extract vaporizers.
- Multi material vaporizers - designed to vape 2 or ore mediums of material. Most multi material vaporizers are designed to vape dry herbs and thicker concentrates such as waxes. Some multi material vaporizers have been made to vape dry herbs, concentrates, and e-liquids.
- Dry herb vaporizers - the most popular type of portable vaporizer is the dry herb vaporizer. Designed to do only as the name suggests, dry herb vaporizers vape only loose leaf materials.
- Concentrate / Extract vaporizers - there are a number of different types of devices designed to vape concentrates. There are:
- Wax pens - shaped like a pen, some made to resemble a pen. Great for using on the go and designed to fit easily in your pocket.
- Concentrate vaporizer - same same but different.. these can be considered to look similar to portable dry herb vaporizers (and not pen shaped) while being made to vape cannabis concentrates.
- E-nails - these are concentrate vaporizers that use a water attachment and a nail that heats up. You use a carb cap to trap the heat in with your dab. E-nails can come as full kits or as just the attachment. Many e-nail attachments are being made to work with battery mods that most people use for e-liquid vaporizers.
Flavored E-Liquid Vapes
The most popular type of portable vaporizer is called a 'vape'. To answer the original question 'what are vapes' - vapes are widely used devices across the world that are used to vape flavored e-liquids. Most vape users use a percentage of nicotine with their e-liquids which in many cases help to ease people off the nicotine/smoking habits. You can check out some of the best vape here.